Monday, July 9, 2007

Trinity team to the rescue

My church from home, Trinity Lutheran church in Bowie, MD, has answered the call to help with the fundraising for Sudan. As of late, they have connected with a LCMS organization called Thrivent, in which they will do matching funds up to $750. If collected the $750 will be worth $1500! So if anyone wants to send a check, written to Thrivent then send it to Trinity Lutheran Church, 6600 Laurel Bowie Road, Bowie, MD 20715. Thrivent is also pulling money from another fund which will be allocated to expenses such as immunization and school supplies.

Also, Bill and Judy Weizel are throwing a wine and cheese party at their house from 5pm-8pm, via Thrivent, to benefit my going to Sudan. Thank you both and thank you to those able to attend. I, however will not be able to attend because I will be on my way to St.Louis, MO at that time. So, I am extremely appreciative for all of this. :)

The next thing is that Trinity has another set of funds in which they may be able to pull from, which can cover the remainder of what I need. Then, the Trivent money can go towards my fixed bills at home. The council meets tomorrow to vote on this action, so please pray for them to approve it.

No comments: