Friday, October 24, 2008

GOT THE JOB! ..and the WEBSITE is up!

view in Kuria, Kenya


HEY EVERYONE!!!

I just found out today that I got the job as the Project Manager for Education! So that means that I'm leaving for Kuria, Kenya in late February. So that means that I need help from the Global Community again. My goal for fundraising is going to be $30,000.
I'm not sure exactly how we're going to handle the money donations, so stay tuned. I think how it will work is that you can click on the link to the RIGHT under the category "If you want to support me financially," and then fill out the amount you want to donate on Google checkout and then email me what you donated so that I can report it to Nuru. If you want to donate by check, on the link there is also an address to send the check to, and you would write my name on a note or post-it, NOT ON THE CHECK.
If you put my name on the check, it won't be tax-deductible. However you choose to donate, ALL donations are TAX-DEDUCTIBLE.

Also the website for Nuru is up and running so invite your friends to check out the promotional video and the other video links. They're totally awesome and informative! Click [here} for Nuru's website or click the link to the right under "Organizations I know and love."

Thanks for reading my blog and for your prayers and support. ENCOURAGEMENT is just as needed as financial support, so feel free to be a BIG giver in that area!!

3 comments:

T@R@ said...

yay! congrats :) so excited for you and will definitely be praying and helping you get ready in any way i can

Jason said...

YEAH! you are coming back- awesome!! How far will you be from the cost? P raying all the arrangements go smoothly

Roxanne said...

that last com,ment was me...sorry..using Jason's screen :)