Monday, January 15, 2007

consider the lillies...

Lately I have been wondering if I should minimize my term to six months. The thought of raising $15,000 might as well be $1 million billion dollars in my eyes! Although, God does say consider the lillies and all their beauty; and look at the sparrows that are only worth 2 for a penny, they never toil or sow; and yet we are cared for mor than these. What I need to do, whether I go for 6 month or a year, is stop worrying.
Today, after church a couple that I have never met before asked me about my "i africa africa" shirt. They asked if I had been to Africa, and so I told them I had and that I was currently preparing to go back, except to East africa and that I need to raise my own funds. They said that they'd be glad to help me out and that I should keep them informed! So, there you go--lillies! Everything will be taken care of and I need not stress.

side note- another funny thing that happened at church today was what I said to the pastor from my church at home, who never remembers my name, and for the hundredth time was apologizing after service. I watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" last night and it was still fresh in the mind, so I told him "remember meghan, which means precious gift from God, coming from the greek word "mega", so, "mega" or "omega", God--Meghan... so there you go, its greek!"

No comments: