Monday, June 4, 2007

Update on raising support

Today, I spoke at Mt.Wesley United Methodist Church, which is a small country church on the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. Although they are a small congregation, they presented me with a check for $7,000!!! It is so exciting because I have been a little nervous that my fundraising has been at a standstill for the past month. Also, people in the congregation gave personal offerings which added $737! So now the total amount of support is $8,512 for now. Mt.Wesley, if you read this, thank you.

2 comments:

NAWUYO AUGUSTINE LUKA said...

Hi,
I do share the descendral origin with Lino Paul. I hold a degree in Education from Makerere University , Kampala Ugandaand I liv in Juba , south Sudan Capital.
Your experiance in Ikotos my birth place will tell y ou much about the later fate of the inhabitant.This area needs desparately needs interventon in all spheres of life.If not anything, it is one of the poorest, most marginalised and remotest part of South Sudan.It needs you and me to come in to alleviate them from where they are.

Kind pleads,
Nawuyo Augustine

Meghan Baird said...

Thanks Nawuya.