Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Use AIM's online payment form for support

I just added a link on the right-hand side of the page, in which you can financially support me using your credit card via AIM so that your payment is easy AND tax-deductible. Just click on the text under "If you want to support me financially..." caption and it will take you to AIM's website. Paypal is the link below that one, which has the "make a donation" button. My Paypal is currently not under the category of non-profit, however, I am working on it. If not through Paypal, then I will try to set up something with AIM for those who pay via Palpal. I'm sorry if this is confusing.
So, for more current news, I am working at the Outfitters AT Harper's Ferry this summer in which I am able to receive "pro-deals" on necessary gear and clothing for my year in Sudan. We are looking into getting MSR, North Face, and Exoficio to donate some stuff. For example: I will need a water filtration system and MSR is just the company to provide one. One thing that I still need, and am still trying to figure out how to do this, is a series of Rabies shots. In rural areas it is highly recommended to get this series because of the remoteness of the area. Once bitten by a rabid animal, one only had 10 days to find treatment. By getting the pre-treatment, I will prevent getting rabies even if bitten. The one thing holding me back from getting the series is that it will cost $500!! If anyone knows a cheaper place, please let me know. Thanks.

1 comment:

AutoTag said...

Hey Meghan, check this out!

http://www.qdrum.co.za/index.html