Thursday, April 12, 2007

Update

In the last entry I did not mention the town in which I will be living. The town is called Ikotos and it is in the extreme south, bordering Northern Uganda and Kenya. Most of the truck traffic is from Uganda. Kenya is 150 miles away (and a 5 hour drive!). For up-to-date information on Sudan, go to news.bbc.co.uk or to the CIA Factbook link. As of late, Southern Sudan is safe to be in. Ikotos is far from its northwest neighbor that has made the news: Darfur. Although, Juba, where most of the "lost boys" come from, is close to where I'll be. Fortunately, most of that is now cleared up. The school in which I will be working is new and as of now, I do not know which grade I will be teaching. There was a choice of primary or secondary levels and I left it open to need. Right now I'm working with 3rd through 5th graders and I love that, but I also have taught and currently volunteer with teenagers, which I also love.

*also, note that I have added an email address for you to contact me.

No comments: