Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Left home

Well everyone, I have officially left home en route to Sudan. As of right now I am in New York for orientation and on the 30th I'll fly out to London, then Uganda, where I'll be until September 4th, and then to Ikotos, Sudan. I feel pretty good about going. Its crazy, but I feel very at peace about leaving-- even though I'm having to say good-bye to family and friends. I know that I am supposed to be in Sudan for this year, I've known it since I was laying under my little 10'x10' plastic tarp out in Davis, WV and its coming to fruition. Thank you all for helping that happen. I'm sure that the people of Ikotos thank you too. I'm not too nervous, if you're wondering, but instead, I'm jsut looking forward to being there and getting settled. It hasn't quite hit me yet-- the reality of being gone for so long. It will eventually, and you all will know about it when it does. Thank you all for your support and prayers. I will be keeping you updated as much as possible.

Today was an easy day. Just a day to relax here at the headquarters. I had tea-time with the staff, swang on a swing for exercise, while talknig on the phone, and walked along a garden path through the trees. Today was nice-- even the train ride (though a hectic start). Tomorrow's the start of orientation. Cheers.

1 comment:

dessertratt said...

Make a differance!
GLSDI