Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Outfitter AT Harper's Ferry



Yesterday, I drove to West Virginia to say good-bye to a lot of people. Monday is bye-day-- when I leave for Newark,NJ for a few days. I first met with my friend and former professor, Sonya, and then had lunch with my old friend Karen, who is now a professor at Shepherd (where we went to school). Then, I had a short visit with a few people at Potomack Intermediate. Later, I met with my friends Ron and Laura.
Ron and Laura from the Outfitter AT Harper's Ferry took me out to dinner and also "gear'd me up" for Sudan. Generously, they provided me with a lot of the essentials-- including a sleeping bag, treated bed net, sun hat, eco-mesh shirt, etc. Thanks guys! To check out the Outfitter website, click on the link in the box to the right.

The last visit was with the Franklins in Charles Town to show off all my fun stuff from the Outfitter, and then back home. So, yeah, I'm tired today!

No comments: