Monday, September 3, 2007

In Kampala

Hey all,
I'm in Kampala, Uganda until tomorrow morning. I have been here since Saturday morning. So far, I haven't had to experience the whole flavor of being here b/c I've had a European toilet and a bath/shower like the one at my grandparent's old house (the type that has a shower nozzle connected at the faucet). Also, I've been eating food such a salad, breaded fish, potatoes au gratin, etc. Nothing to rough yet. :)
Yesterday I went into town (I'm acually a little outside of town) to see a concert by the Wototo children's choir. It was very moving and beautiful. The children at Wototo were orphaned by the AIDS cisis and now live in a special village in which each house is like a family unit with a house mother who has been widowed. The choir tours around the world. If you want to check out their schedule, or add them to your church schedule check out Watoto. Afterwards I thanked the children for their performance and they were so appreciative of the praise-- you could see it in their eyes and in their smiles.
So, today, I will be going into town again-- to get supplies and $$-- and lunch. And then tomorrow is the big travel day. Whenever I get the chance I'll update again.

No comments: