Monday, February 23, 2009

My postal address in Kenya

For any of you who want to send me a letter or package, here is the address:

Meghan Baird
c/o Nuru International
Po box 176
Isibania, code: 40414
Kenya

Things I'd like?

For now the best things I can think of are:

-letters or cards from y'all
-Tuna packets
-Nature Valley Granola bars
-Cliff Bars
-oatmeal packets
-Starbucks coffee

Those are the things that are expensive/can't get here. The mail might take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months or more. It just depends. Flat envelopes mail faster than boxes. For example, if you mailed Tuna packets, they'd get here faster in a flat rate envelope, rather than putting them in a box.

so, cool. Thanks for asking (those of you who asked) for my address.

FYI, I'm safe in Isibania and getting settled into my new house, which is nicer than my mud hut last year. Later in the week, or at least by Sunday, I'll write a post about the house and maybe try to get pics on here too.

Just on more thing: Please pray for my friends Cath and Martin. They were scheduled to get married in April, but they just found out that Martin has terminal cancer and has a short life expectancy. I'm sure they'd appreciate all your prayers. thank you.

2 comments:

T@R@ said...

glad to hear that you made it safely to your new home :)

Roxanne said...

Yeah- karibu!! So sorry we missed you, we did get to see Miss Erica and her rock :) and her man of course, so exciting! SO glad you made it!! Oh. got my nose done in Nairobi, a little more costly but the hook thing I saw that the nationals use here was a bit scary....I am not that hard core yet:) Oh, one more thing...for anyone sending boxes from the US, the US post office has a flat rate box- 2 sizes for internat'l and they are MUCH cheaper and no weight limit.....all of ours have arrived safely with granola bars, corn tortillas, and fruit snacks for Anni in tact! When are you coming to visit?